Heart.

I just found out some not so great news. I guess my Dad was having some chest pains and numbness in his chest today. He called 911 because he couldn't breath. The paramedics came and said his vitals were looking ok, but they wanted to take him to the hospital to check blood, x-rays, etc. My Dad got to the hospital and was joined by the family, except for me unfortunately, I am out in Cali. =( As soon as I got out of school, I answered all of the messages that were waiting for me... 'pops is in the hospital, having heart problems.' When I called him, he seemed like he felt better, in fact, he told me so. They put him on some heavy meds as he awaited the results of all the testing he had done. It turns out, he had a mild heart attack. They want to keep him overnight to ensure that he doesn't have another one. It's just so scary, my Dad is going to be 57 in July, but is a pretty healthy man. He is doing well now, but I am just on pins and needles. I hate that I can't be there and I also hate that if something were to happen (God forbid), then I would be out here in California. Even if I jumped on a plane, what if it were soon enough? I'm just hoping and praying everything turns out ok in the end. As I said earlier, as of right now, he is doing well. We will have to wait and see if anything else arises from this.


On a different note, school has been going very well. This week was by far the best week ever! It was all black eyes, scars, wounds, zombies... you name it! Horror is one of the biggest reasons I got into this. I've always loved horror and probably always will. Zombies take the cake for me. I just love how they look, from Danny Boyle's 28 Days Later, all the way back to Romero's Dawn of the Dead. There is just something about them that has always fascinated me. Yesterday, we had to do our Final Exam. The final usually consists of a written and then a practical. For the practical, I had to do two black eyes (one immediate hit, one healing), an old bruise, scratches, scars, fresh cut (made out of wax), a bullet hole (also made of wax), and road rash (a scrape you would get from falling on pavement). Here are some pictures of my final:

Finished Look
Bullet hole, black eyes
Fresh cut (the one bleeding), scratches, and scars
Road Rash


Today was our character competition. Since this is the end of the character class, we can take everything we have learned and make our own character with it. You only get two hours (which TRUST ME, is NOT enough time for anything!) and it's very stressful. I decided to do a drug addict, who burnt his hands while mixing his own drugs. I would have loved to do a zombie or something along those lines, but I had to do things I could get done in 2 hours. I also had to make sure those things would make sense. So, below are pictures of my character that I created for today:


Final Character

Junkie Face
Junkie's burnt hands
Junkie has scars on the left and track marks (needle marks) on the right
Close-up of the track marks

So, once the morning group was all done, the second group went. I was made into a zombie...





Oh! I almost forgot! Blaine got another job! He is going to be working for the video game company, Activision. They make Call of Duty, Tony Hawk and some other cool games. Blaine is still going to keep his day job, working 7am- 4pm, then heading to Activision and work 5pm-2am. We talked for a long while about him doing this. I told him that I supported him 100%. It's going to suck not seeing him for awhile, but in the end I believe it will benefit us. It will definitely be better for Blaine, because this a job he has wanted for so long. He will be working his way up to gain more projects and more notoriety. The extra money will be nice, we plan on just putting it in a savings to see where that takes us. I just hope that he can move up soon, that way he will make enough money to quit the other job also. It isn't just about the scheduling, but he doesn't like what he does at this other job... it's just a job. When we go to E3 in June, he is going to network himself to see about getting jobs. I am so excited for him!

I will also be at the IMATS this year. The IMATS is a convention they hold in LA, Toronto, London and Australia for makeup. It's basically the Comic-Con of makeup. It's going to be so exciting to meet all of these award winning makeup artists. The panel from the new Star Trek movie will be there, which is really awesome. I'm not a fan of Star Trek, but a lot of the makeup in that movie looks sick! 

Other than all of that, there really isn't a whole lot going on with us right now. We're just taking things day by day and enjoying it. We're both starting to feel more comfortable, knowing we're actually doing something for ourselves. We have been this whole time though, so I guess a better way to put it is... we feel as though we have a better sense of direction for ourselves.

=)


1 comments:

  jamee

March 23, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Tabitha, I'm sorry to hear about your dad! I'm glad that he is doing good now.
Your school work is amazing! Ryan and I loved looking at the pictures and can't wait for more!