Bald Caps

So, the topic last week at school, was bald caps. We learned how to make them and apply them. We started the week out by making latex bald caps. We then learned how to apply them onto our models. After that, we learned how to apply plastic bald caps. Plastic bald caps are much easier, seeing as the sides don't tear and they don't get holes in them.  On Friday, I had my final for bald cap week. I had to take a written test as well as a practical... yet I didn't have a model. We usually use each other in class as models, but there were 2 girls absent meaning my partner was not there. We were scrambling around trying to find someone, but to no avail. I decided to call Blaine, who was at work. I asked him if he could come down to be my model, to save me from receiving an Incomplete or having to retake it at the end of the course, which by then... I probably will forget how to do it. Blaine talked to his manager and he was kind enough to let him come out to Hollywood from Calabasas to help me with school. 


The process:

I first had to get Blaine's hair down by using gel and bobby pins.

I then fit the cap to his head. I glued the front, the back and then the sides down.

I then have to take a Q-Tip and 99% alcohol and go around the whole cap to blend the edges.

Once that is done, I paint it. The paint itself takes 30 or so minutes just to mix. You have to make sure that it matches your models skin color exactly...or at least pretty dang close.

So after I painted the cap, I blended the edges, added a bit of water and powdered the cap. The end result:








This week we are doing Old Age. We use prosthetics and makeup to make people look old. I didn't go to school today, because of my ears. I woke up Thursday morning with a terrible ear ache. I couldn't hear anything and there was blood/discharge coming out of it! I went to Urgent Care and it turns out I have an inner and outer ear infection in both of my ears. They put me on Amoxicilan, Vicodin and two sets of ear drops. They're getting better, but it is still painful.

Blaine and I were going to go have a picnic at the Griffith Observatory yesterday, but we couldn't because of my ears. On Saturday though, we had a really good day...

It started out by me making biscuits and gravy with hashbrowns. Then we got ready and walked down to Nigel's Beauty Supply to get some stuff I needed for school. After that, we walked to Walgreens so I could pick up the last of my ear meds. Then, we drove to Burbank Town Center. We ate lunch at Chipotle and then saw Watchmen. I didn't like it at all. There were some good parts to it, but as a superhero movie, I gave it 2 thumbs way down. When the movie was out, we walked to Coffee Bean so I could get a coffee and then we went to Haagen Daaz so Blaine could get a milkshake. We came home and played Katamari for the rest of the night and fell asleep together on the couch.......holding xbox controllers! haha

Blaine is going to make us Snickerdoodle cookies tonight. He is doing the dishes right now (since I cooked dinner, he is doing the dishes) and when he is done, we are going to Ralphs to pick up the ingredients for cookies. 

=)


2 comments:

  Kathy

March 14, 2009 at 5:56 PM

First off I'm Blaine's FAVORITE aunt, I hope. Kathy..

Secondly, I love, love, love the blanket you made Jamee or Kylee I guess. That is kind of how I found your blog. I had to know who made the amazing blanket, just to find out it's Blaine.

Thirdly, I totally hope you don't mind me reading your blog but I just love what I have read. You guys look great and so happy together.

Good Luck in Hollywood. Can't wait to see your first album!! Loves!

  Tabitha Danielle

March 15, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Hi Kathy,

Thank you so much for the kind words. It's nice to meet you... yes, it is over the internet, but even still. =) I have heard about you from Blaine before and he only has nice things to say about you.

Thank you for the compliment on the blanket! We saw it and thought Jamee would love it. We just wanted to do something a little different and luckily, it turned out really nice.

As far as you reading the blog, that's no problem at all. The reason I really started this blog was to keep in touch with friends and family. I actually went ahead and added you to my list. =)

Feel free to contact us anytime, my email address is canuck883@gmail.com and Blaine's is blaine.t.evans@gmail.com.

Have a good day!

-Tabitha and Blaine